We’re a dynamic, growing, equal-opportunity employer where employees discover that a career can become a calling.
Area Retail Sales Manager - Position Overview
We are looking for a Area Retail Sales Manager to expand our customer base and achieve sales quotas for specific districts of our company. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience managing the operation of a store (or number of stores) while taking accountability for reaching targets. You should be able to remotely supervise a team of salespeople and set profitable goals. Our ideal candidates combine excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset. Ultimately, you will ensure your area of responsibility meets and exceeds the expectations of our business objectives and contributes to our company’s success in the long run.
- Oversee sales and operations of four to five retail locations.
- Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Support Store Managers with day-to-day store operation
- Evaluate store and individual performances
- Report on area sales results
- Identify hiring needs, select and train new salespeople and store management
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
- Participate in decisions for expansion or acquisition
- Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
- Proven work experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Understanding of store operations
- Ability to lead and motivate a high performance sales team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed
- Minimum 5 years proven retail sales experience.
- Minimum 2 year experience proven leadership skills and employee development.
- Wireless Telecommunications Industry or High Tech Experience or Business Development Experience.
- 3 or more years of previous operations experience in a management role within a retail sales function.
- High school or equivalent.